Sorry I have been off the grid for a few weeks, I have missed you guys! Come to find out, uprooting your life across the country is ‘kind of a thing.’ When Mark and I touched down in San Diego a little over a week ago, I had only been out here for a long weekend. I have lived in many places but pride myself on being an East Coast girl. I gotta admit, I am drinking the kool-aid. Everyone that raved about this place inspired me to embrace this new season and so we’ve decided to play tourist in our new town and I am LOVING it. San Diego is everything people talk about and more, each neighborhood is beautiful and unique, the beaches are everywhere, and there is truly something for every demographic. If you want to skip our obnoxious adventures then just keep scrolling 🙂
I figured I would organize a San Diego Top 10 List – Letterman Style.
1. Our Neighborhood, Little Italy: This place is heaven on Earth. Everything is truly walkable and you can find older Italian men playing bocce ball on Sunday mornings. I feel like one of those ridiculous women from a rom-com that walks around with a coffee in hand browsing on a lunch break.
2. The Beaches: Just like in Charleston each of the beaches has it’s own vibe. The main ones we explored last weekend were Ocean Beach, Mission Beach/Bay, & Pacific Beach. For East Coast translation, OB was the Folly Beach, Mission Bay was the Sullivan’s & PB was the most developed kind of like IOP. This lunch place was amazing!
3. Chargers Games: Let’s be real I am still a die hard Saints fan, but no matter who your team may be attending a professional NFL game is always a blast.
4. New Friends: God bless Wade & Christina who have hosted us for BBQ’s (still no moving truck) and enjoyed libations around town. They are wonderful. I am so fortunate to have incredible sisterhoods in Charleston, but this helps the growing pains of moving to a new city.
5. Farmer’s Markets: This is no ordinary Farmer’s Market. On Saturday mornings they shut down 3 city blocks in our neighborhood and I was able to buy this herb garden! Because let’s me serious, if I had to figure out a way to plant all of these different goodies into a pot it would be disaster.
6. Balboa Park: This is the West Coast Central Park. It’s huge! Not only are their endless trails for running/biking, but there is a Japanese Garden and the ever famous San Diego Zoo.
7. The Little Yoga Studio: So obvi I am partial to Pilates, but sometimes you just need to get the chakras tuned up. The teaching is exceptional and I’m a sucker for a home grown neighborhood studio.
8. Avocados: These things are everywhere, in everything and super cheap. I have been eating them on the daily.
9. Mission Valley Shopping: So this could truly be anywhere USA with all the big chain stores, but sometimes you just need a Target, Bed Bath & Beyond and Lowes. Be sure to follow me on Instagram @CoastalBody to see my amazing Pinterest projects in real life. If there are none it’s because it may have been a fail.
10. Weekend Getaways: Everything is accessible from here! I found a Gratz Reformer for sale in LA so popped up two hours away to pick it up and come home in the same day. You can drive down for a Mexico beach getaway or up to Big Bear to hit the slopes all within a couple of hours.
After a week of gallivanting around I decided it was time to get back down to business. In my quiet times I have really been considering how to stay connected to the life that I left in Charleston. We are truly privileged in this techie age that we live in. There is face time, email, youtube AND the VIRTUAL STUDIO! The Pilates community is truly a global crew and it is my intention to connect our bi-coastal communities in the digital world. The content of the virtual studio library has gone coastal and digitally postal. We have new videos in the cue to be released in sequential sessions to sculpt you into a lean, mean fighting machine. Jump on over to www.CoastalBody.com to see what we’ve launched from Cali, new city, new season, new site! And because I know you miss my sweet & nurturing teaching style (wink wink) I am ready to meet you on your mat! Skype sessions are available on the schedule so block your time today and get ready for a bi-coastal Pilates party!
I have loved seeing Lindsay’s studio updates through social media and I’m thankful for the partnership that we’ve established. Lindsay & I will continue working together from Coast to Coast to help you achieve your best self & Coastal Body (see what I did there 🙂 ) so don’t hesitate to reach out to either one of us with requests and feedback. Really you would be doing me a favor so Mark doesn’t start putting me to work as his paralegal.
Big hugs & kisses from the West Coast!